Slider

Pizza & Cookies

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Do you crave pizza and cookies after watching that DiGiorno commercial? (BTW, why does the guy have two gallons of milk for a dozen cookies? Random.) Anyway, I’m not knocking DiGiorno or Nestle Tollhouse Cookies. However, I thought that Don and I could do better. (We can make about 4 pizzas for less than $10. Even cheaper now that our neighbor has shared her home grown arugula! Also, preparing the meal as a family is an even better activity.)
I found this awesome pizza dough recipe that I wanted to try out. In this month’s Everyday Foods, they also featured a recipe for Pizza Bianca. Why not!
IMAG0842

Pizza Dough

1 package yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
  1. Mix yeast and sugar. Let sit and become creamy. (About 10 minutes)
  2. Combine the remaining ingredients. When the dough forms, hand knead on a floured surface.
  3. Knead until it gets the right smooth consistency.
  4. Place the smooth dough in an oiled bowl and cover for 30 minutes.
  5. Roll out on a smooth, floured surface and top with your pizza toppings and/or sauce.
  6. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
For our pizzas, we use Ricotta cheese as the base sauce, add toppings (like arugula and/or mushrooms), and cover with mozzarella cheese.
(Yes that’s eggs on the pizza. This breakfast pizza is my favorite!)IMAG0883 IMAG0882
I also made this cookie recipe. It is supposed to help with lactation. I wanted to give my supply an added boost so I can build up a greater storage for when I return to work. (EEEK, only 4 more weeks) I like them, but have found them to be quite sweet. Additionally, I added craisins to the recipe for added punch.
IMAG0880

1 comment:

chae said...

The egg over center of pizza reminds me of the best pizza I ever had in Stockhold, Sweden. Matt was the bravest as he ordered the egg pizza. The crust was what made this pizza the best ever. Thin like a sheet.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan